
A year ago today, I made a covenant with Shelley before God and loved ones that I would be bound to her in marriage for the rest of my life. I vividly remember so much about the day- all my friends, family, the service, her dress, taking pictures at UNC, and I remember that I had never loved her more. That remained true until the next day when I loved her even more, and the next day, and so on. And I can honestly say one year later that on my wedding day I knew nothing about how much you can love someone. I love her more today than I ever thought possible. The most exciting part of today, our first anniversary, is that I can talk to many of you who have been married scores longer than we have and know that I still haven't scratched the surface of knowing how much you can love someone. She is a picture of God's grace in my life, that He doesn't just rescue us for rescue's sake, but He rescues us to allow His grace to touch every single aspect of our lives. I am so thankful for the next however many years we have together. Happy first anniversary Shel!