Bear is a beast, hands down. As an Eagle Scout, I spent my adolescent summers sleeping overnight in shelters made from wood to earn my wilderness survival merit badge, lashing rafts to earn my pioneering merit badge, fishing, swimming in a lake, and learning how to identify whatever grows, walks, or slithers to determine whether it can be eaten or not. Bear does this at a level unlike any I have experienced. He gets to live every boy's dream for a profession. He also happens to be the Chief Scout (read: King of all Boy Scouts all over the world).
Enough of the Boy Scout talk. Bear has also summited Everest, circumnavigated the UK on a jet ski, crossed the Northern Atlantic in an inflatable raft, paraglided over the Himalayas, and served in the British SAS. I am pretty sure if you cut him he would spew testosterone. His TV show is everything a man could ask for minus a female: wild terrain, fire, and meat, lots of meat. I have watched him eat a salmon live, eat a trout raw, cook a rabbit over a fire made by rubbing 2 sticks together, bite the head off a snake, and eat ants... and that is only over 3 episodes.
Here is East Asia, there are very few places where you can actually get outdoors without trash and people close by. Nature hasn't survived very well. This show is how I get my fill! Some men love MMA fighting, some love poker, some love tech-toys. As for me, Bear Grylls is where its at.